Major drug bust: Investigation results in 221 felony drug charges
OAKDALE, LA (KPLC) - The Allen Parish Sheriff's Office has arrested six men in an on-going drug investigation, according to a news release.
Narcotics agents with APSO reportedly found a large sum of cash, as well as Hydrocodone, Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Suboxone, Suboxone, and drug paraphernalia in a home and workshop on March 29. The properties are owned by Thomas Longino, 60, of Oakdale. He had an active video surveillance system which was seized as evidence.
Investigators say the evidence shows Longino was involved in more than 98 hand-to-hand transactions with 60 subjects between March 21 and March 29. Officers have identified 53 of the 60 subjects seen in the footage.
APSO says this investigation alone resulted in 221 felony drug charges and 53 felony warrants including distribution, illegally purchasing and possessing Hydrocodone, a scheduled II controlled substance, and Alprazolam, a scheduled IV controlled substance.
Longino was originally arrested and booked in the Allen Parish jail on six counts of distribution of Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Suboxone, and possession with intent to distribute controlled substances in March. On July 19, he was arrested again and charged with 91 counts of distribution of Hydrocodone, three counts of distribution of Alprazolam, and 11 counts of distribution of narcotics in the presence of a minor child.
The suspects below are co-defendants:
- Paul D. Abrusley, 31, of Oakdale, is charged with one count of possession of Hydrocodone.
- Mark J. Mowad, 47, of Oakdale, is charged with two counts of possession of Hydrocodone.
- Charles W. White, 43, of Oakdale, is charged with two counts of possession of Hydrocodone.
- Robert Yeagley, 58, of Oberlin, is charged with one count of possession of Hydrocodone.
- Danny P. Cannon, 29, of Oakdale, is charged with thirteen counts of possession of Hydrocodone and 10 counts of possession of narcotics in the presence of a child.
APSO says there are numerous arrests to follow.
Copyright 2018 KPLC. All rights reserved.