CALCASIEU PARISH, LA (KPLC) - The Calcasieu Parish School Board is launching a new online registration system for parents and students for the 2016-2017 school year.
There will be two different systems for parents to utilize - one for existing students who were in the district last year and one for new students.
All parents should go to the school board website to begin the online registration. You can also click HERE for a direct link.
"As access to technology grows for Calcasieu Parish parents and guardians, many have asked for the ability to update information online," said Superintendent Karl Bruchhaus. "A new module in the student information system now allows those updates from virtually anywhere as long as proper security credentials are used."
For those who need assistance or do not have access to the internet, you can receive help at several different school sites beginning July 18. Employees will be at the following schools between the hours of 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. and 5 - 7 p.m.:
- Monday, July 18 - Sulphur High School 9th Grade Campus, 600 Willow Avenue, Sulphur
- Tuesday, July 19 - Iowa High School, 401 W. Miller Avenue, Iowa
- Wednesday, July 20 - Lake Charles Boston Academy, 1509 Enterprise Boulevard, Lake Charles
- Thursday, July 21 - Molo Middle School, 2300 Medora Street, Lake Charles
- Friday, July 22 - Barbe High School, 2200 W. McNeese Street, Lake Charles
Students will still need to attend registration at their schools to receive their schedules, obtain lockers and meet their teachers, but filling out certain documents will no longer be necessary.
The system will be up and running for parents to use beginning on July 18. For more information, visit the school board's website at www.cpsb.org.