No injuries from small fire at Barbe High

No injuries from small fire at Barbe High

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - Authorities responded to a small fire at Barbe High School on Thursday morning.

An official with the Lake Charles Fire Department said a rag was set on fire in the arts and chem lab building.

The fire was not big. It was put out quickly, and no one was hurt, according to the fire department.

Barbe Principal Shannon LaFargue said it was "an isolated incident in a restroom" of the L building that began at around 8:30 a.m.

"No students or teachers were injured and all students and teachers followed their crisis response plan," LaFargue told KPLC.

LaFargue said the building is isolated so smoke didn't spread and classes resumed once the fire was out.

Calcasieu Parish School Board risk management said  the L building was reopened once the fire department cleared it.

The fire department official said Barbe High has security cameras in the building, so they will likely be able to identify the person responsible for setting the fire.

Copyright 2015 KPLC. All rights reserved.