L'Auberge Casino Resort Property Fact Sheet
L'Auberge Casino Resort is located two hours from the 4.5 million person Houston metropolitan area on Contraband Bayou in Lake Charles, Louisiana; a locale with a rich and fabled history. L'Auberge is located on I-210 at Exit # 4 – Nelson Road. This premier facility is ideally located for the business traveler or the customer who is looking for the ultimate in hospitality and dining experiences, plus non-stop Vegas-style gaming action.
The property sits on 242 acres with a total of approximately 770,000 square feet.
Construction began early September, 2003 with an opening date of May 26, 2005. In February 2008, L'Auberge debuted a 250-room tower expansion and The Shops At L'Auberge.
Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.
Architecture Interior Design
Joel Bergman Todd Avery-Lenahan
Bergman, Walls & Associates ABA & Associates
Landscape Design Golf Course Design
Don Brinkerhof Tom Fazio
Lifescapes International Fazio Design Group
Structural Design MEP Engineers
Mustapha Assi Pat Grant
M.A. Engineering CHPA Consulting Engineers
Kitchen Design Naval Architect
Jim Menasco Rodney Lay & Matt Pitman
CDF, Inc. Lay, Pitman & Associates
Anthony M. Sanfilippo - President and Chief Executive Officer
Richard J. Goeglein - Nonexecutive Chairman
Steve Capp - Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Jack Godfrey - Executive Vice President, Secretary & General Counsel
Alain Uboldi - Executive Vice President, Belterra and Boomtown
Geno Iafrate - Senior Vice President & General Manager
Inspired by the architecture of the Texas Hill country, L'Auberge du Lac provides a unique experience in the gaming market in southern Louisiana. Natural materials, including stone and wood set the overall mood of the facility. The resort's relaxed and welcoming atmosphere provides distinctive offerings certain to entice and entertain.
Set amidst lush landscaping of the resort's golf course, the property entrance is distinguished by a porte cochere with a lantern cupola providing the first glimpse of the architectural aesthetics. Guests enter the complex through a wood adorned ceiling vestibule, which leads to a fireplace lobby lounge. This space, reaching up three stories to a beamed ceiling, is layered with a ring of balconies and lit by skylights providing natural light. The main lobby features massive stone fireplaces, defining a lobby lounge on one side and a coffee bar on the other. Warm woods, natural stone and rich fabrics add color and texture to the space. Inviting furniture groupings are inspired by turn-of-the century arts and crafts classics.
The large, single-level casino is a short distance from the front door, just beyond the lobby. This space is anchored by a large dome over a rustic themed gaming area. The slot machine and table game experience is enhanced by vaulted ceilings and the use of vibrant colors and lush fabrics befitting a grand atmosphere.
L'Auberge features numerous distinct dining options. Le Beaucoup Buffetsm is inspired by the courtyard architecture of Louisiana and Texas. Large stucco arches define cozy seating areas and provide an architectural backdrop. An array of international choices is featured in this 370 seat buffet, open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For the first time, the famed Jackson Hole, Wyoming landmark, Snake River Grillsm, takes its award winning dining experience east of the Rockies and offers its renowned rustic ambiance and modern innovative American cuisine. A dual-sided fireplace enhances the relaxed setting of warm wood and fine leather providing a backdrop for 140 guests to enjoy steaks, seafood and wine.
Le Cafésm, our 24-hour casual dining experience, blends stone pergolas and shingle roof architecture, providing a variety of different alcoves for dining. The setting is inviting and enhanced with cheerful colors and fabrics and seating for 182. Enjoy hearty portions of all-American favorites, seafood, sandwiches, desserts and breakfast anytime. Asiasm, a more contemporary space features Asian-fusion cuisine. Here, guests can experience a fresh and bold décor. The 80 seat eatery is a great place to grab a quick snack or a fast bowl of traditional Vietnamese soup, creative noodle dishes or indulge in our full-service sushi bar. Using the famed Tennessee sippin' whiskey as inspiration, Jack Daniel's® Bar & Grill offers seating for 165, along with a 26-seat curved bar, fire pit and a performance stage featuring live entertainment. The full service restaurant features barbeque, steaks, specialty sandwiches and other roadhouse favorites along with more than 40 beers from around the world.
Follow your dinner with something sweet from Desserts. Indulge in tasty gelato, decadent homemade pastries and gourmet coffee selections from PJ's. Enjoy them in our cozy, intimate setting or take them to go. Lattessm is located in the hotel lobby and features specialty coffees, teas and pastries in addition to sandwiches and light snacks. globarsm, located in the center of the casino floor, entices guests with handcrafted cocktails and allows them to take a break from the gaming action in a stylish environment. Our lobby lounge, located directly across the pavilion from Lattes, serves as a meeting place with comfortable leather seating. The Poolside Bar gives the swim-up customer access from the lazy river and specializes in frozen cocktails and poolside snacks. Guests can relax on a chaise, enjoy cocktails and dine on gourmet cuisine at Nevie Beach Clubsm, located on a beautiful veranda overlooking all the action poolside. Or if you're feeling too comfortable to get up from your lounge chair, our cocktail servers will be happy to bring snacks, lunch, dinner and beverages to you.
Spa du Lacsm, a fully-equipped cardio fitness center, a salon and a pampering full-service spa treatment facility provides refreshing rest and rejuvenation. The use of natural décor creates a relaxing environment and complements the overall experience.
- Large casino with 30,000 sq. ft. of non-stop Vegas-style gaming
- Contraband Bayou ® Golf Club at L'Aubergesm – a Tom Fazio-designed
18-hole championship golf course; open to the public
- Pool and lazy river with private pool-side cabana courtyard; full-service
- Private adults-only pool area with luxury cabanas and full bar service
- Spa du Lac – a first-class spa and fully-equipped exercise facility
- A variety of innovative dining options, including:
- Snake River Grill – steaks, seafood, wine; seating for 140. Reservations recommended
- Le Beaucoup Buffet – a 370-seat buffet
- Le Café – a 24-hour casual dining experience that seats 182
- Asia – a noodle and sushi bar featuring Asian-fusion cuisine with seating for 80; to-go menu available
- Jack Daniel's® Bar & Grill – seats 165
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Lattes – our coffee bar featuring your favorite PJ's brand recipes plus breakfast pastries, sandwiches and snacks
- Desserts – decadent homemade pastries and treats enjoyed with your favorite Starbucks® coffee recipes; open late
- VIP Check-In
- Full service Business Center
- Tour Lobby
- Meeting and Event Center – big name entertainment; flexible event space
- L'Arcade features the hottest video and redemption games; open late
- The Shops At L'Auberge – a full retail shopping experience offering a variety of stylish boutiques and shopping options
- Marina – 16 slips with shore power and water hook-ups; permanent berth for amphibious seaplane
- RV Parking Facility – 15 sites with electrical and water hook-up; pull-through dump station. Additional parking for 18-wheelers and other large commercial trucks.
- High speed wireless internet access available
This unique, 26-story, asymmetrical hotel complex has approximately 1,000 spacious rooms, including private villas and 147 luxury suites. The guest rooms are characterized by a contemporary, rustic theme. The well-appointed rooms and suites utilize fresh colors and fabrics,
providing an up-to-date version of the arts and crafts aesthetic. Both comfortable and inviting, the guest rooms are an ideal location to relax after an exciting day of gaming or resort activity.
Executive suites ranging in size from approximately 550 square feet to over 2,100 square feet, including a villa complex adjacent to the hotel tower, overlook either the lavish resort pool area or beautiful Contraband Bayou. Each villa includes a private courtyard and spa.
In February 2008, L'Auberge unveiled a $67-million hotel tower expansion project; nine stories tall and featuring 252 new guest rooms and suites. Ten of the new suites are luxury garden suites with private terraces and butler service. The expansion also features a VIP lounge, VIP lobby and VIP elevator providing private access to the tower's new luxury second floor suites. The tower is connected to the existing 26-story hotel structure but features separate elevator access.
The suites feature many of the same high-end amenities found in the L'Auberge villas, such as luxurious bathrooms, custom designer furnishings and in-room bars. The suites range in size from 750 to more than 1,400 square feet in size and will allow L'Auberge to attract even more high-end customers accustomed to Las Vegas-style gaming amenities.
Five of the ground floor suites feature private gardens fronting on a new adults-only pool area complete with luxury cabanas; five feature outdoor Florida rooms. All of the new high-end first floor suites have quick-fill two-person outdoor bathtubs carved from individual blocks of Italian travertine.
The large, single-level casino is 225 feet wide and 330 feet long, with 30,000 square feet of non-stop Vegas style gaming including 63 table games and over 1,600 slot machines. The casino features the latest in slot technology with machines offering ticket-in ticket-out convenience.
In addition to the main casino, L'Auberge invites guests to play a few hands in the elegantly appointed High Limit Casino, featuring a variety of table games, slot machines in denominations up to $100 and a plush VIP bar and lounge area. Guests must be 21 years or older to enter the casino. For more information regarding casino promotions or to qualify for special members-only perks, sign up for a complimentary mychoice player's club card and start earning Choice Comps and Choice Cash.
Along the promenade, our collection of shops offers a wide variety of items from unique gifts to jewelry to flowers.
- The Floral Shop showcases regional, as well as traditional flowers and foliage. Our award-winning staff will design an arrangement for your special occasion or event; unique candles, lotions and gift items also available.
- L'Sundries is the ideal spot to pick up your trip souvenirs; choose from a variety of L'Auberge logo items to help you remember your stay with us. You can also purchase a bottle of wine, a good cigar or a magazine to enjoy pool side in addition to basic toiletry items.
- Modele highlights the finest in ladies resort apparel; top off your outfit with the perfect accessory. Experience personalized attentive service and late shopping hours.
- Studs of L'Auberge features unique upscale selections for the fashion-conscious man; featuring clothing and accessories from Lacoste, Tommy Bahama, Lucky, Cole Haan, Robert Graham and more.
- Contraband Bayou Golf Club Pro Shop offers championship caliber equipment with clubs, clothes, balls and sunglasses from the game's biggest manufacturers – Nike, Cutter & Buck, Titleist, FootJoy, Callaway Golf and Fairway & Green.
- Spa du Lac is the spot to indulge your senses. Our world class spa features fine products from beingTRUE, Eminence Organic, Voluspa, Kerastase and a full line of comfy clothing, robes and slippers from Colorado Clothing Company.
L'Auberge features approximately 26,000 gross square feet of meeting and conference space, including a business center and conference registration. The design, inspired by early 20th century arts and crafts architecture, includes rich colors and fabrics and a paneled wainscot and beamed coffered ceiling that gives the ballroom and meeting space a warm welcoming atmosphere. The multi-function facility includes:
- The L'Auberge Ballroom consists of 14,140 square feet that can accommodate banquet seating for up to 1,182 guests or theater style seating for 1,402; it can also break out into six separate meeting areas.
- The Sycamore Room with a total of 3,892 square feet has seating for 260 classroom style; it can also be divided into 4 separate meeting rooms, which includes 2 Boardrooms of 697 square feet each.
- The Cypress Room is 1,653 square feet and can accommodate a cocktail reception for approximately 200 guests.
- A large multi-purpose patio area off the Ballroom can accommodate a variety of outdoor setups.
Several outstanding entertainment venues are featured at L'Auberge, including:
- The L'Auberge Ballroom, with a 40-foot by 30-foot stage, has the ability to be converted into a 1,402-seat performance venue with tiered seating; state of the art AV equipment.
- The 165-seat Jack Daniel's® Bar & Grill becomes an entertainment lounge in the evenings complete with live performances Thursday – Saturday night and holidays.
- L'Arcade – Classic video games and the latest high tech amusements along with air hockey and NBA hoops. Load up your arcade card for endless play; bank your points and stop by the redemption counter to choose your well earned rewards.
- globar – the hip place to be seen – is conveniently located in the center of the casino action. Enjoy hand-crafted cocktails and fine cigars at the area's only ultra-lounge.
- The Stage Bar – take a break from the action without leaving the casino floor; enjoy a refreshing cocktail while enjoying a variety of entertainment.
- Show information offered online at www.mylauberge.com; show tickets available for purchase at www.ticketmaster.com. Must be 21 to enter Event Center.
The heated pool, lazy river and oversized spa are situated in a tropical atmosphere, enabling guests to unwind and indulge in a vacation experience. The Poolside Bar gives the swim-up customer access from the lazy river and specializes in frozen cocktails. In addition, cocktail servers are available for poolside food and beverage service. A serene adults-only pool offers luxury cabanas and full bar service. A complete staff of pool attendants provides complimentary towels and lounge chairs. For a more private experience, the reserved poolside cabana complex features sunbathing patios and personalized attendant services.
Embellish your senses and taste buds at Nevie Beach Club; offering lunch and libations seven days a week. Bask in the natural lighting amidst natural woods and white fabrics as you join the hip, sassy and elite gatherers at "nbc". Light gourmet selections include specialty salads and wraps plus unique seafood appetizers; served on a beautiful veranda overlooking the pool.
Spa du Lac is approximately 8,700 square feet and includes a cardio fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, a hair salon and a full offering of pampering spa treatments that will provide refreshing rest and rejuvenation. Enjoy massages, body scrubs, custom facials, sunless tanning and teeth whitening; customized packages available. Following a 2009 expansion, Spa du Lac now offers eight treatment rooms, six massage rooms (one that accommodates couples massage) and two aesthetic rooms in addition to men's and women's relaxation lounges and locker rooms.
Contraband Bayou® Golf Club at L'Auberge, designed by world-renowned golf architect Tom Fazio, emphasizes the marsh and lowland features of the natural Louisiana environment to enhance this unique 7,077 yard, par-71 championship 18-hole golf course. A combination of aquatic and natural vegetation on the edges of eight spectacular lakes challenges golfers of all skill levels. At least four sets of tee boxes on every hole provide an enjoyable playing experience for all. Contraband Bayou® is the only public Fazio-designed course in Louisiana. ProLink GPS in every cart improves your game.
During the summer of 2010 L'Auberge embarked on a major revamp of the greens at Contraband Bayou, replacing them with Champion Ultradwarf Bermuda grass, a much heartier turf and a better putting surface. The course layout was also restructured, moving Hole #1 directly in front of the clubhouse to improve flow of play.
The golfer's experience is complete with beverage cart service that includes sandwiches, cool drinks and snacks and an unmatched level of friendly service. After play, stop by the clubhouse to shop a wide variety of quality men's and women's golf apparel or hit the driving range to hone your skills.
PINNACLE ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. owns and operates casinos in Nevada, Louisiana, Indiana and Missouri. In March 2010, Pinnacle opened its newest casino, River City, in south St. Louis County, Missouri. Pinnacle also is developing a casino in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PNK. To learn more about Pinnacle Entertainment, please visit www.pnkinc.com.
L'Auberge du Lac Casino Resort and Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. are equal opportunity employers committed to responsible gaming.
©2010 Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.