Astros vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Kansas City Royals (48-101) will try to finish off a sweep of a three-game series versus the Houston Astros (83-66), at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
The Astros will give the nod to Framber Valdez (11-10, 3.32 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 12 on the season, and the Royals will turn to Jordan Lyles (4-16, 6.27 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Valdez - HOU (11-10, 3.32 ERA) vs Lyles - KC (4-16, 6.27 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Framber Valdez
- The Astros will send Valdez (11-10) to the mound for his 29th start this season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up three earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with an ERA of 3.32, a 3.71 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.095.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his fifth consecutive quality start.
- Valdez has pitched five or more innings in eight straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has five appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 28 chances this season.
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- Lyles gets the start for the Royals, his 29th of the season. He is 4-16 with a 6.27 ERA and 107 strikeouts in 160 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's last time out was on Wednesday against the Chicago White Sox, when he tossed five innings, surrendering seven earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 6.27, with 6 strikeouts per nine innings in 28 games this season. Opposing batters have a .260 batting average against him.
- Lyles has recorded five quality starts this year.
- Lyles will look to go five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He's averaging 5.7 innings per outing.
- In one of his 28 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 32-year-old ranks 49th in ERA (6.27), 35th in WHIP (1.270), and 47th in K/9 (6).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.