Astros vs. Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 13
The Oakland Athletics (46-99) will look to Shea Langeliers, currently on a two-game homer streak, versus the Houston Astros (82-64) at 7:10 PM ET on Wednesday, at Minute Maid Park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Astros will send Hunter Brown (10-11) to the mound, while Paul Blackburn (4-4) will take the ball for the Athletics.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Athletics Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Brown - HOU (10-11, 4.84 ERA) vs Blackburn - OAK (4-4, 4.08 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Athletics|
|Astros vs Athletics Odds|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Brown
- Brown (10-11) will take the mound for the Astros, his 27th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up six earned runs and allowed six hits in 4 1/3 innings against the San Diego Padres.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.84, a 3.31 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.373 in 27 games this season.
- In 26 starts this season, he's earned 11 quality starts.
- Brown has 16 starts of five or more innings this season in 26 chances. He averages 5.2 innings per outing.
- He has five appearances with no earned runs allowed in 27 chances this season.
Hunter Brown vs. Athletics
- The Athletics rank 30th in MLB with 537 runs scored this season. They have a .225 batting average this campaign with 156 home runs (22nd in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Athletics in three games, and they have gone 15-for-68 with two doubles, two home runs and six RBI over 19 innings.
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Paul Blackburn
- Blackburn makes the start for the Athletics, his 18th of the season. He is 4-4 with a 4.08 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 92 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Texas Rangers, when he threw three innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.08, with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings in 18 games this season. Opponents are batting .291 against him.
- Blackburn has recorded five quality starts this year.
- Blackburn is trying to collect his 16th start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- In three of his 18 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Paul Blackburn vs. Astros
- The opposing Astros offense has the seventh-ranked slugging percentage (.434) and ranks ninth in home runs hit (198) in all of MLB. They have a collective .260 batting average, and are fourth in the league with 1303 total hits and fifth in MLB action scoring 752 runs.
- Blackburn has a 1.69 ERA and a 1.5 WHIP against the Astros this season in 5 1/3 innings pitched, allowing a .238 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.