Astros vs. Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 28
The Houston Astros (30-21) hope to sweep the Oakland Athletics (10-44) on Sunday at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, starting at 4:07 PM ET.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Astros will send Cristian Javier (5-1) to the mound, while Ken Waldichuk (1-4) will get the nod for the Athletics.
Astros vs. Athletics Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 4:07 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CA
- Location: Oakland, California
- Venue: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Javier - HOU (5-1, 3.07 ERA) vs Waldichuk - OAK (1-4, 7.40 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Athletics|
|Astros vs Athletics Odds|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristian Javier
- The Astros will hand the ball to Javier (5-1) for his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Monday, when he threw six innings against the Milwaukee Brewers, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.07, a 4.92 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of .955 in 10 games this season.
- He's looking to extend his four-game quality start streak.
- Javier has pitched five or more innings in 10 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Ken Waldichuk
- The Athletics are sending Waldichuk (1-4) to the mound for his 10th start of the season. He is 1-4 with a 7.40 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 48 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out -- in relief on Thursday -- the left-hander tossed 2 2/3 innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 25-year-old has a 7.40 ERA and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .322 to opposing batters.
- Waldichuk heads into the matchup with one quality start under his belt this season.
- Waldichuk will try to secure his ninth outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 4.8 innings per appearance.
Ken Waldichuk vs. Astros
- The opposing Astros offense has the 27th-ranked slugging percentage (.380) and ranks 25th in home runs hit (46) in all of MLB. They have a collective .244 batting average, and are 20th in the league with 416 total hits and 20th in MLB action scoring 224 runs.
- Waldichuk has a 5.4 ERA and a 2 WHIP against the Astros this season in five innings pitched, allowing a .278 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.