Calcasieu Regional Law Enforcement Training Academy conducts 130th graduation ceremony
LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) - Calcasieu Parish Regional Law Enforcement Training Academy completed its 130th Basic Academy by conducting graduation ceremonies today for 35 officers representing 15 agencies in the five-parish area, according to the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
32 officers completed 519 hours of instruction in all phases of basic law enforcement. Three officers completed 140 hours of refresher courses. These law enforcement officers passed the Louisiana Peace Officer Standard Testing (POST) exam and are now certified as Basic Peace Officers.
Officers graduating after completing 519 hours of instruction are as follows:
- Brianna Hargrove, Luke Walker – Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Katlyn Dugan – Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Joshua Alfred, Jerika Bradley, Dallas Coffelt, Ethan Hext, Seokyoung Jang, Katherine Lafauci, Patrick Mouton, Alex Myers, Alexis Trahan, Evan Watson, Joshua Glover – Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Patrick Jacobs – Coushatta Tribal Police Department
- Keith Doyle, Joshua Blanchard – DeQuincy Police Department
- Corey Henry – Iowa Police Department
- Robert Guillory– Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Brian Cormier, Britani Young – Jennings Police Department
- Alex Holman – Lake Charles Harbor Police
- Zachary Meche, William Rogers, Noah Veronie, Alex Williams – Lake Charles Police Department
- Casey McGlothlin – Merryville Police Department
- Colton Gilbert – Oakdale Police Department
- Marcus Daniels, Lauren Jenkins – Office of Juvenile Justice
- Mason Jeane – Rosepine Police Department
- Marylyn Lejeune – Ward 3 Marshal’s Office
Trevor Duncan, Russell Lambert (Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office), and Denell Griffin (Coushatta Tribal Police Department) graduated after completing 140 hours of refresher courses.
Copyright 2023 KPLC. All rights reserved.