Fire leaves house unlivable in Welsh

Fire leaves house unlivable in Welsh
Fire leaves house unlivable in Welsh(KPLC)
Published: Aug. 30, 2022 at 6:39 PM CDT|Updated: Aug. 30, 2022 at 9:50 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Welsh, LA (KPLC) - Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.

The blaze and the water used to put it out caused significant damage to the home, leaving it unlivable, according to Welsh Fire Chief John Hall.

Nine people lived in the house, Hall said.

No injuries were reported, Hall said. A dog was rescued from inside the home but no family members were inside when the fire broke out.

Now, the family is asking for help as they do not have insurance on the home, Hall said.

Clothes are a priority. The family is asking for extra-small through extra-large sizes in shirts and pants, sizes 6.5,8.5,11, and 12 in shoes, and toddler sizes 3T and 4T.

People can donate at the Ninety-One Stop gas station located at 505 East Russell Ave in Welsh.

A GoFundMe can be accessed here.

Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.(KPLC)
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.(KPLC)
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.(KPLC)
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.(KPLC)
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.
Electrical malfunctions ignited a fire causing severe damage in a Welsh home.(KPLC)