Qualifying complete for Nov. 8 election
Lake Charles, LA (KPLC) - Qualifying for the Nov. 8 election ended Friday with a full slate of challengers to U.S. Senator John Kennedy (R) and U.S. Congressman Clay Higgins (R).
U.S. Congressman Mike Johnson (R), though, faces no challengers and will retain his seat.
Kennedy is in a crowded field of 13 as he attempts to win a second term in the senate.
Higgins faces seven challengers for his seat as he attempts to win a fourth term in congress.
District 4 Public Commissioner Mike Francis (R) has two opponents - Keith C. Bodin (no party) and Shalon Latour (R).
Fourteenth Judicial District Court judges Guy Bradberry (R) and Clayton Davis (R) are both running for a seat on the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeal.
The ballot has a number of races in every parish.
While several candidates qualified unopposed, one seat had no takers. No one signed up to run for Ward 6 Justice of the Peace in Cameron Parish.
Early voting is Oct. 25 through Nov. 1.
For more about what’s on your ballot, including voting locations, click, HERE.
- Click HERE to see what’s on Calcasieu Parish’s ballot.
- Click HERE to see what’s on Allen Parish’s ballot.
- Click HERE to see what’s on Beauregard Parish’s ballot.
- Click HERE to see what’s on Cameron Parish’s ballot.
- Click HERE to see what’s on Jeff Davis Parish’s ballot.
- Click HERE to see what’s on Vernon Parish’s ballot.
Copyright 2022 KPLC. All rights reserved.