Reopenings and closures in SWLA
Lake Charles, LA (KPLC) - Closures and cancellations due to the threat of flash flooding from Tropical Storm Nicholas.
The following schools will be open Wednesday, Sept. 15:
- Allen Parish schools.
- Beauregard Parish schools.
- Calcasieu Parish schools.
- Cameron Parish schools.
- Lake Charles Charter schools
- Vernon Parish schools.
- Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School
- St. Louis will hold virtual classes Wednesday.
- Our Lady in Jennings open Wednesday.
- The following CHRISTUS Ochsner Health Southwestern Louisiana departments and facilities are currently closed:
- Admitting at CHRISTUS Ochsner Lake Area and CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick- Patients needing assistance with admitting/registration should enter through the ER.
- James W. Gardner Breast Center at CHRISTUS Ochsner Lake Area
- CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick Wound Care
- CHRISTUS Ochsner Lake Area Kids’ TeamA
- Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Clinic postponed Tuesday and Wednesday
- Ochsner CHRISTUS COVID Vaccine Clinic
- West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital closing some clinics and outpatient services at noon Tuesday. (Patients will be contacted about rescheduling.
- All Rural Health Clinics (Hackberry, Johnson Bayou & Vinton)
- Calcasieu Family Physicians (Family Medicine & Pulmonary)
- Community Health Center of WCCH
- Dynamic Dimensions Fitness Centers (Moss Bluff & Sulphur)
- ENT Associates of WCCH
- OBG-1 of WCCH
- Physical Medicine/Therapeutic Riding Center
- Westlake Diagnostic Center of WCCH
- All City of Lake Charles administrative offices and services to open Wednesday.
- Lake Charles City Hall will resume services
- City of Lake Charles trash and garbage: Wednesday will include Tuesday’s route; Thursday and Friday will run as normal.
- Calcasieu Parish School Board meeting moved from Tuesday to Thursday.
- All Calcasieu Parish Police Jury offices and services will be open Wednesday.
- Calcasieu (Waste Management) trash and garbage services WILL RUN AS SCHEDULED.
- Lake Charles City Court will be closed Tuesday.
- COVID-19 testing sites in Region 5 closed Tuesday and Wednesday: Calcasieu Parish Health Unit; Beauregard Parish Health Unit; Jeff Davis Parish Health Unit; Lake Charles Memorial Hospital COVID19 Testing site; McNeese State University COVID19 Testing and Vaccine Site
- FEMA Recovery Service Center at the Civic Center closed with plans to reopen on Thursday.
- State offices in Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Jeff Davis, and Vernon parishes closed Wednesday.
Copyright 2021 KPLC. All rights reserved.