LifeShare hosting annual ‘United We Give’ blood drive
Lake Charles, LA (KPLC) - LifeShare is gearing up for a record-breaking “United We Give” weekend.
LifeShare is urging residents to include donating blood in their Independence Day holiday plans.
“United We Give” is an annual LifeShare tradition created to encourage donors to be mindful of our community blood supply needs, and LifeShare says donations now are needed more than ever due to a national shortage of blood supply nationwide.
Local hospitals are dependent on blood supply quantities to be maintained at all times.
All LifeShare donor centers have extended operating hours for the event:
· Thursday, July 1, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
· Friday, July 2, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
· Saturday, July 3, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
This year donors will receive a “swag bag” that includes:
· A LifeShare “United We Give, United We Live” t-shirt.
· A free Box Combo from Raising Cane’s.
· A code for a free delivery from Waitr.
LifeShare says walk-ins are welcome, and donors can make an appointment at www.lifeshare.org/give.
Copyright 2021 KPLC. All rights reserved.