Flood Recovery Assistance
LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) -
To find out what assistance is available for your situation, dial 211.
Your call will be answered by a live call specialist equipped to listen to your needs and locate available help and information near you. You can reach out 24 hours a day and seven days a week, from anywhere in Louisiana.
If you prefer to talk via text, you can reach 211 teams by texting your zip code to 898-211.
Your call to 211 is confidential.
For non-English speakers, live specialists enlist an immediate translator for the duration of the phone call to provide accurate help. Translators can service 161 languages.
Damage Reporting - Property owners who experienced damage as a result of flooding are asked to report damage here >> damage.la.gov
Home Clean Outs
· Louisiana Methodist Disaster Recovery - 337-476-1080
· Samaratin’s Purse - 337-930-0431
· SWLA Responds - 337-602-9093 or facebook.com/SWLAResponds to submit requests
· Mercy Chefs 1800 East College, Lake Charles @ Life United Church - lunch 11am-4pm and dinner 4pm-6pm.
· Salvation Army 3960 Gerstner Memorial Drive, Lake Charles - Monday 5/24 9am-4pm cleaning kits
· Mercy Chefs 1800 East College, Lake Charles @ Life United Church - click here to register to volunteer, or just show up a few hours before meals are served to help.
· Catholic Charities - If you are able to help those in need financially please go to catholiccharitiesswla.com and click the donate now button. Be assured of our prayers. If you are able to bring cleaning supplies (mops, brooms, rags, shockwave) to Catholic Charities at 1225 2nd Street, Lake Charles, LA 70601.
· Second Harvest Food Bank - Monetary donations: Every $1 helps provide 4 meals. You can make a donation online at no-hunger.org/lakecharles
To add an item to this list, please email your information to email@example.com.
Copyright 2021 KPLC. All rights reserved.