FEMA Disaster Recovery Team applications open
LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) - FEMA is now hiring Louisiana residents in our area to join its recovery team as temporary employees.
You can find applications for the following positions here:
- National Disaster Recovery Support (NDRS) Local Government Administration Expert Specialist (Lake Charles, LA): Deadline March 28 https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595137400
- NDRS Community Planning Expert Specialist (Lake Charles, LA): Deadline March 28 https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595136800
- Civil Rights Specialist (Lake Charles, LA; Baton Rouge, LA): Deadline March 30 https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595421900
Salaries are comparable to local pay rates.
Most temporary local hires are employed through a streamlined rather than a competitive process. A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days, though it may be extended in 120-day increments up to one year.
Conditions of employment:
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for these positions.
- You must pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration is required for males born after Dec. 31, 1959.
Copyright 2021 KPLC. All rights reserved.