LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) - Lake Charles Memorial Health System has adjusted services for Monday, Feb. 15, and Tuesday, Feb. 16 in anticipation of the wintry weather expected to hit the area.
The emergency department will remain open, but many outpatient and non-emergency procedures will be postponed.
· Procedures: All procedures that are not urgent or time sensitive are cancelled on Monday and Tuesday.
· Memorial Medical Group: All Memorial Medical Group offices are closed, or in some cases, will be held virtually Monday and Tuesday.
· Medical Plaza Pharmacy: Closed Monday and Tuesday.
· Moss Memorial Health Clinic: Closed Monday and Tuesday, some functions will be virtual.
· Memorial Hospital Visitation: Valent will be closed and no visitors will be allowed Monday or Tuesday unless in critical/end of life situations.
· Memorial Hospital Entry: The ER will remain open for those who need services, and will be the point of entry into the hospital.
· Memorial for Women: Will remain open for mothers who go into labor or need to be evaluated for labor symptoms. Visitation will be limited to the mother and one support person. Parents of NICU babies will still be allowed to visit. Please exercise caution on the road if you choose to travel.