LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) - The Calcasieu Parish School Board and Cameron Parish School Board have announced the reopening schedule for numerous schools.
Calcaseiu schools opening on October 29
The blue/gold schedule remains in place for 7th through 12th grade students, while students in Pre-K through 6th grade will report to campus five days a week.
The schools are as follows:
· Barbe High
· Fairview Elementary
· J.I. Watson Elementary
· LaGrange High
· LeBleu Settlement Elementary
· Oak Park Middle
· Pearl Watson Elementary
· Jake Drost Early Childhood Center will open for faculty and staff on October 26. Staff will contact families directly on when students will return.
CPSB says if your school remains closed, they are working very hard with contracting companies to expedite repairs. The school board is hoping to have nearly all schools open for students by the second week of November. The school board says seeing students return to some campuses this week has been exciting, and they’re looking forward to seeing students on all of their campuses soon.
Online learning remains available for all of our students as all CPSB schools continue to work toward offering classes in regular face-to-face environment. For more information, visit www.cpsb.org.
· JBHS-PreK-12. Teachers returned on 10/19, students returned on 10/21.
· HHS PreK-5 Teachers returned to on 10/22, students return on 10/26.
· HHS 6-12 Teachers and students will tentatively return at the end of November/beginning of December.
· GLES PreK-6 Teachers returned on 10/22, students return on 10/26.
· GLHS 7-12 Teachers will return on 11/5, students will return on 11/9
· SCHS PreK-12 Tentatively, we are being told 12/1. We are continuing to work with the architects and contractors to finalize a plan that addresses the points of egress in order to be compliant with the State Fire Marshal’s office.
Also, for students not staying in the immediate area, Mr. Barnett is continuing to work with the principals to develop a plan of expanding pick up and drop off of students at centralized locations. Details regarding those plans will be released by the schools as soon as they are available.