FIRST ALERT WEATHER: Closures
LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) - Closures related to Tropical Storm Laura.
· Residential Solid Waste Convenience Centers in Lake Charles and Sulphur: Closed on Monday, Aug. 24 and will be closed until further notice. Waste Management’s garbage and trash pickup will run according to schedule Monday through Wednesday.
· Calcasieu Police Jury: All Calcasieu Parish Police Jury offices and buildings will be closed Tuesday, Aug. 25. Camping at Calcasieu Parish Parks and all boat launches will also be closed Tuesday, Aug. 25.
· Calcasieu Parish Animal Services and Adoption Center: Closed for animal intake.
· Calcasieu Courthouse: The courthouse will be closed the rest of the week.
· Calcasieu Parish District Attorney’s Office: Closed until end of business day Friday, Aug. 28.
· Calcasieu Parish Libraries: All Calcasieu Parish Public Library branches and facilities will close on Tuesday, Aug. 25 and will remain closed until further notice.
· Lake Charles City Court: Lake Charles City Court will be closed until the end of the week.
· Calcasieu Parish School Board: All Calcasieu Parish School Board schools and facilities will be closed through Friday, August 28. All virtual learning is also canceled during this time.
· Diocese of Lake Charles: All Diocese of Lake Charles schools will be closed Thursday, August 27 and Friday, August 28.
· City of Lake Charles: All City facilities, including City Hall, Historic City Hall, Central School and Public Works Administration Building will be closed on Tuesday, Aug. 25 and Wednesday, Aug. 26.
All City recreation facilities, the Lake Charles Civic Center and I-10 North Beach remain closed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Storm, trash and garbage routes will run as usual on Tuesday, Aug. 25. Recycling Centers and the Roving Green Recycling Truck will not be operational on Tuesday, Aug. 25, and Wednesday, Aug. 26.
City Transit services will be suspended on Tuesday, Aug. 25 and Wednesday, Aug. 26.
The City Council Agenda Meeting and Public Hearing regarding the Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Budget for the City of Lake Charles, scheduled to take place tomorrow, August 25, 2020, is canceled.
The Public Hearing will take place on Wednesday, Sep. 2, at 5:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers in conjunction with the regularly scheduled meeting of the Council.
· Cameron Parish School Board: All Cameron Parish School Facilities will remain closed through Friday, August 28.
· Cameron Parish Ferry Services: Ferry services will be temporarily suspended starting at 10 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 24. DOTD will resume service when it is safe to do so.
· Sulphur City Court: Sulphur City Court closed Wednesday, Aug. 26 through Friday, Aug. 28.
Copyright 2020 KPLC. All rights reserved.