LOUISIANA (WAFB) - This is your one-stop-shop guide to everything you need to know about the impact of COVID-19. Categories are listed alphabetically. If you have questions, Louisiana has a statewide call network. Please call 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898-211. If you are stressed out and need help from a free, confidential crisis counselor text REACHOUT to 741741.
As of Monday, Oct. 26, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 180,069 total cases - 222 new cases
- 5,648 total deaths - 17 new deaths
- 609 patients in hospitals - increase of 13 patients
- 71 patients on ventilators - increase of 5 patients
- 165,282 patients recovered - no change
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Oct. 9 and Oct. 25.
- 92% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 8% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings.
- People aged 29 and under represent 33% of these cases.
- 21% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Sunday, Oct. 25, LDH says 5,059 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,698,883.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
- TESTING CENTERS: Where to get tested for COVID-19 in the Baton Rouge area
- ‘Unfathomable’: US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000
- La. sees fewest people hospitalized with COVID-19 since June
- Why having diabetes may increase the risk for severe COVID-19 illness: LSU doctor explains
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Allergies, flu, coronavirus: What your symptoms mean
- Doctors say pink eye a potential symptom of COVID-19
- FAQ: What bars are allowed to open?
- FAQ: Statewide mask mandate
- FAQ: Questions related to wearing face masks during pandemic
- FAQ: Guidelines for Opening America Again
- FAQ: Questions related to Louisiana’s Phase 3 of reopening
- FAQ: Questions related to animals
- FAQ: Questions related to funerals
- FAQ: COVID-19 health-related questions
Click here to report a typo.