LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) - All Calcasieu Parish schools and facilities will be closed Friday, July 12, due to the threat of severe weather. In addition the ACT test scheduled to take place on Saturday, July 13 at LaGrange has been cancelled. Those who were registered to take this test will receive a new registration ticket directly from ACT.
Also closing on Friday are the following schools and offices:
- The Diocese of Lake Charles and Catholic Schools
- Lake Charles Charter Academy
- Southwest LA Charter Academy
- Lake Charles College Prep
- St. Nicholas Center for Children
Cameron Parish schools and facilities will be closed as of 10 a.m. Thursday morning and plan to reopen on Monday morning.
KPLC meteorologists are tracking a tropical system that has the potential to strengthen into a hurricane and is expected to impact Louisiana.