LA (KPLC) - Fantasy sports betting was voted in two Southwest Louisiana parishes Tuesday.
Calcasieu and Cameron both voted to allow fantasy sports betting, but Allen, Beauregard, Jeff Davis and Vernon all voted down the measure.
Calcasieu approved the measure by 56 percent (or 32,425 votes to 25,914). Early voting results showed Calcasieu Parish voting down the measure (5,919 votes to 5,328), but as results trickled in, the measure was approved.
Vernon Parish voted down the measure by 58 percent (or 5,920 votes to 4,247).
Allen voted down the measure by 54 percent (or 3,129 votes to 2,713).
Beauregard voted down the measure by 56 percent (or 5,589 votes to 4,431).
Act 322 proposed fantasy sports contests be permitted in Louisiana. Currently there are no laws in Louisiana prohibiting the use of websites like Draft Kings and Fan Duel, two popular fantasy sports gaming sites, but most of these programs do not allow Louisiana residents to participate for fear of being prosecuted.
Fantasy Sports Contests:
- Yes with 46 percent and 2,713 votes
- No with 54 percent and 3,129 votes
- No with 56 percent and 5,589 votes.
- Yes with 44 percent and 4,431 votes
- Yes with 56 percent and 32,425 votes
- No with 44 percent and 25,914 votes
- Yes with 55 percent and 1,475 votes
- No with 45 percent and 1,058 votes
Jeff Davis Parish:
- Yes with 49 percent and 4,451 votes
- No with 51 percent and 4,551 votes