Help for Utility Bills: Parish by Parish - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Help for Utility Bills: Parish by Parish

Reported by: KPLC Staff

This week, 7 News has been telling you about the energy emergency called by the State Public Service Commission.

The move is supposed to allow some people struggling to make ends meet to defer part of their bill, but the KPLC newsroom has been swamped with calls from people trying to sign up.

Well, it turns out, because this is the first time an energy emergency has been declared there were some bugs in the system. Now we're told, those bugs have been fixed.

So if you need help, here's what you do.

You contact your parish agency that can confirm your eligibility for the deferment.

In Calcasieu the phone number is 437-3560.

In Allen parish.. Contact the Allen Action Agency. It's on 5th Street in Oberlin. The phone number is 639-4348.

In Beauregard parish, the Community Action Association can help. It's on West First Street in DeRidder. The number is 463-7895.

And in Jeff Davis parish you can contact SMILE. It's located on Saint John Street in Lafayette. The number is 234-3272.

Remember this is for Entergy and Cleco customers only.

Powered by Frankly