Your 7 Day Forecast - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Your 7 Day Forecast

Updated:

Hopefully you enjoyed the brief break from the humidity this weekend because the humidity is back for a few days! Tonight will be warmer and muggier with lows in the mid 70s and heat indices in the upper 70s. Another cold front will be moving south over the next couple of days and this is likely to increase our rain chances beginning Tuesday through Wednesday at least. Tuesday we will have the combination of the cold front to our north and deep tropical moisture moving in from the east coming together to give us a 60% chance of rain anytime during the day into the early evening. Wednesday there will likely be less moisture to work with but the front will be closer to Southwest Louisiana so we will still see about a 40% chance of showers mainly in the afternoon and early evening. 

By Thursday the cold front will move through Southwest Louisiana and likely stall offshore over the Gulf of Mexico; that means rain chances drop to 20% or less Thursday and Friday. The front will not be as strong as the one that brought the nice weather this weekend so we will likely not see any significant changes in our weather other than a slight drop in humidity by the end of the week. The front dissipates over the weekend and we gradually return to typical late-summer weather by early next week and that means a better chance of rain by Monday. 

The tropics remain very quiet at least close to home anyway with no system or threat of anything developing in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea. However we are watching Hurricane Edouard in the eastern Atlantic Ocean as well as Hurricane Odile near Mexico on the Pacific Ocean side. Edouard will stay over the open waters and poses no threat to any land areas. Odile has already made landfall near Cabo San Lucas and will bring a lot of rain to the southwestern United States.

Wade Hampton

Copyright KPLC 2014. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow