October 23, 2007
KPLC is pleased to announce that Raycom President and CEO of Raycom Media, Paul McTear, will be honored in Broadcasting & Cable's Hall of Fame beside such household names as Mark Burnett "The Apprentice" and Harry Friedman "Wheel of Fortune".
A legendary show and 11 television giants will be inducted into Broadcasting & Cable's class of 2007 Hall of Fame. The new class will take its place alongside 265 other luminaries at the 17th Annual Hall of Fame Awards Dinner in New York.
B & C Editor in Chief Max Robins says the event has become the industry gold standard at recognizing the best of the best in the field.
This year's honorees are:
- Frank A. Bennack Jr., vice chairman of the board/chairman of the executive committee, Hearst Corp.
- Mark Burnett, producer, Mark Burnett Productions
- Bill Cella, chairman/CEO, Magna Global Worldwide/vice chairman, Draft FCB
- Rocco Commisso, chairman/CEO, MediaCom
- Brian France, chairman/CEO, NASCAR
- Charles Gibson, anchor, ABC's World News With Charles Gibson
- Bonnie Hammer, president, USA Networks/Sci Fi
- Phil Kent, president/CEO Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
- Judy McGrath, president/CEO, MTV Networks
- Paul McTear, president/CEO, Raycom Media
- Joe Uva, CEO, Univision
- Harry Friedman, executive producer, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!, upon the occasion of Wheel's 25th anniversary