At Odyssey HealthCare of Lake Charles, we know how precious time is, so we make every moment count. The Odyssey Service Standard includes 14 service standards that our staff lives by. They include but are not limited to: we admit within 3 hours of a physician order, we answer all pages within 15 minutes and answer the phone by the 4th ring. We evaluate pain on every visit and every call; we contact every patient every day. No person is on hold longer than 45 seconds. Our 1st priority is our patients and their families. YCCOM (you can count on me).
The Odyssey Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) - experts in end-of-lifecare:
- Registered Nurse Case Managers - ensure pain and distressing symptoms are managed.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses and Nursing Assistants - ensure care is competent, staff is measured with others nationally and knowledge base is current. We encourage all nursing staff to become board certified in Hospice and Palliative Care along with providing educational preparation and financial support.
- Full time Masters level, licensed social workers (LCSWs) - poviding emotional and psychosocial counseling
- Full time Spiritual Care Coordinators - providing spiritual counseling .
- Full time Bereavement Coordinator - addressing grief and loss issues through our Bereavement Program.
- Volunteer Program providing many specialized programs
0 Vigil Team for the end of life
0 Telephone Assistance Program during bereavement period
0 Construction Team assignments for wheel chair ramps and other repairs
0 Direct Care Volunteer assignments as needed by the patient and family
0 Nursing Home Volunteer Program for specialized needs of NH residents
0 Many others volunteer activities to "Make Moments Count"
- Full Time Continuous Care Team for times of crisis in the home or nursing home
- Clinical Liaison - ensuring care is coordinated while in the hospital or another Level of Care.
- Continuing Education (CEU) Programs for the healthcare community.
- Community Education Programs for the community.
- Specialized Nursing Home Team - specialized care in nursing homes by the hospice team.
- Approximately 250 collective staff years of hospice experience in Lake Charles and the surrounding areas.