Dog Rescued from Burning House

June 18, 2007

Reported by KPLC Staff

A trapped dog was saved from a burning home in Iowa. A fire broke out at a home on Philbrick street around 9:45 in the morning.

John Hillman, a neighbor, says he ran to the house to make sure no one was in the home. He broke a window and realized an animal was in the house.

Hillman: "I broke in the back door with the ax....but with no prevail I couldn't get in there...So I came back around and there was this dog that came to the window."

The dog was pulled to safety by Hillman and only received a gash on his right paw. No one was in the home at the time of the fire.