February 19, 2007
Reported by KPLC Staff
In order to make Mardi Gras fun and safe for everyone here's the list of official parade do's and don'ts.
1. Do not litter.
2. No glass containers of any kind.
3. Leave pets at home.
4. Leave all valuables at home.
5. No open fires in or on vehicles.
6. Do not pour hot coals on the ground.
7. Stay behind all police lines or curbs.
8. Do not run up to or near floats.
9. Do not follow or chase floats.
10. Do not throw anything at the floats or float riders.
11. Please watch your children.
12. Be kind and courteous to your neighbor.
13. No bikes, skateboards, or roller blades along the parade route.
14. Do not obscure sidewalks.
15. Please bag litter and trash and place at curb after the parade. Bagged litter and trash will be picked up beginning at 7:00am, Wednesday, February 21st.
16. No barbecuing will be allowed from the sidewalk to the street curb along the parade route during Mardi Gras. This area must remain open to the public.
17. People who bring barbecue pits for use in other areas cannot dump coals and must clean the area when finished.