LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - SOWELA chef Roy Angelle shares his recipe for Marinated Seafood Pasta on 7News Sunrise.
- 1 pound uncooked small pasta: macaroni, rotini, small shells, etc.
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (8 or 10 ounce) package of grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup purple onions, Julienne
- ½ cup scallions, sliced
- ½ cup lump crab
- ½ cup shrimp
- ½ cup crawfish tails
- ½ cup cubed pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- Bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions for firm pasta (1 minute for pasta al dente, usually 8 to 12 minutes depending on the exact noodle). Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together salad dressing and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in pasta, tomatoes, onions, and scallions.
- Carefully fold in crab and seafood stir until evenly coated.
- Chill until serving and refrigerate.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
For more information about SOWELA's culinary arts program, visit https://www.sowela.edu/programs/school-business-applied-technology/culinary-arts/.