CALCASIEU PARISH, LA (KPLC) - Deputies of the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office were awarded for their outstanding accomplishments in this year's Annual Law Enforcement Awards Ceremony.
Held on May 17, the "2017 Deputy of the Year" was awarded to Sgt. Bryan Guth, while Tonya Thibodeaux was chosen as "Support Employee of the Year." Sgt. Casey Lafargue was awarded the "Eric Bellard Pride Award". The recipients of the "Volunteer of the Year Award" included Lt. Rusty Broussard, Gennie Paris and Kayla Vincent.
Those awarded "Deputy of the Year" are:
- Carmen Green – Programs Division
- Julie Fontenot – Investigations Division
- Sgt. Bryan Guth – Enforcement Division
- Ernest Mitchel – Civil & Law Enforcement Centers Division
- Linda January - Correctional Division
- James “Trey” Thomas – Special Services Division
- Jared “Scotty” Derouen – Financial Division
- Taryn Soileau –Security Enforcement Division