LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury's Human Services Department's Summer Food Service Program will kick off June 4 at several Calcasieu Parish locations, according to a news release.
Lunch will be served on a daily basis from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, until Friday, July 27. Sites will be closed on Wednesday, July 4.
All children ages 18 and under will receive meals at no charge.
Program acceptance and participation requirements are the same for all children - regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
Meals will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis at the following sites:
- DeQuincy Recreation Center, 507 Oak St. DeQuincy
- First Baptist Church, 401 S. Huntington St., Sulphur
- W.T. Henning Elementary School, 774 Henning Drive, Sulphur
- Iowa High School, 401 W. Miller Ave., Iowa
- Managan Recreation Center, 1221 Sampson St. Westlake
- Westwood Elementary School, 1900 Sampson St., Westlake
- Vinton Middle School, 900 Horridge St., Vinton
- Vinton Recreation Center (Ward 7 Recreation), 1615 Horridge St., Vinton.
All food must be eaten on site – no food can be taken out of the facility.
No registration is required.
For more information, call 721-4030 or visit CPPJ's Human Service's Department's website.