(KPLC) - The City of Lake Charles is hosting a workshop for those interested in learning more about child safety and well-being. The workshop, entitled "Linked," will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month at Church of the King, located at 2145 Oak Park Blvd.
- Feb. 6, 2018: Social media in a millennial world
- March 13, 2018: Domestic abuse
- April 10, 2018: Department of Child and Family Services law
- May 8, 2018: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- June 12, 2018: Getting intoxicated in a millennial world
Foster parents can receive one training hour per workshop. The workshops are free to the public, and dinner and childcare will be provided. Pre-registration is required. You can register here or call 337-491-8735 for more information.