LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - The City of Lake Charles will host a series of free workshops for foster parents and others interested in learning more about child safety and well-being.
"Linked" is being held the second Tuesday of each month from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Church of the King located at 2145 Oak Park Blvd.
The topics and dates for 2018 are:
- Child Abuse, January 9
- Social Media in a Millennial World, February 6
- Domestic Abuse, March 13, 2018
- Department of Child and Family Services Law, April 10
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), May 8
- Getting Intoxicated in a Millennial World, June 12
Foster parents can receive one training hour per workshop. The workshops are free to the public, and a meal and childcare are provided.
Pre-registration is required. To register and for more information, call 337-491-8735 or visit www.swlafostercare.com