SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA (KPLC) - The following is a list of road closures for Southwest Louisiana. The information is provided by the state Department of Transportation and Development, the City of Lake Charles and the City of Sulphur and the dates and times are subject to change.
CALCASIEU PARISH (Lake Charles):
- The southbound 5th Avenue Bridge at Contraband Bayou will be removed and replaced beginning Aug. 28. Only local southbound traffic along 5th Avenue will be allowed beyond Power Center Parkway. Detour signs will be posted. The project is expected to last approximately five months.
- The 600 Block of Ryan Street between Mill and Division Streets will be closed beginning Monday, Dec. 4, to allow Entergy crews to make repairs to its underground network in the area. This work should not cause any power outages to customers served from the Downtown Network.
- The 2200 Block of Creole Street between Louie and Short Streets will be closed beginning Thursday, Dec. 28, to allow crews to repair a water line beneath the street. The project is expected to last for approximately a week.
- The outside lane of Prien Lake Road near Ryan Street will be closed beginning Sunday, January 7 until Tuesday, January 9, for utility work.
- The intersection of W. 18th Street and Hayes Street will be closed beginning Monday, January 15 until Friday, January 26, for repairs.
- The inside lanes of Broad Street, between Enterprise and Moss Streets will be closed beginning Monday, January 15, for repairs. The project will last for approximately one week. Both outside lanes will remain open to vehicular traffic.
- Southbound traffic on Lake Street between McNeese Street and Country Club Road will be suspended beginning Tuesday, January 16, for reconstruction. The project is expected to last until September 2018. During the reconstruction, businesses and residents will continue to have access to their establishments. Detours will be posted.
CALCASIEU PARISH (Sulphur):
- Owens Street from Parish Road to Landry Street is closed as crews work to repair a waterline issue, as of Friday, Dec. 29. The street will remain closed until project completion.
- The intersection of Palermo Drive and Gabriel Drive will be closed beginning Tuesday, Dec. 20, for crews to repair a collapsed sewer main. The intersection will remain closed until project completion.
- There will be intermittent lane closures on La. 27 from Carlyss to Sulphur beginning Monday, March 20, for road work. The project is expected to be completed in September 2018.
- Stelly Lane will be reduced to one lane beginning Tuesday, May 9, until further notice, as crews work to re-paint stripping. West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital will remain accessible throughout the duration of this project.
- Southbound La. 27 (Beglis Parkway) at Union Pacific Railroad Crossing near U.S. 90 (Napoleon Street) will be reduced to one lane beginning Wednesday, July 19, until further notice, for railroad repairs.
- There will be alternating lane closures at the intersection of Stelly Lane, Cypress Street and Maple Street beginning Thursday, July 20 until further notice, to allow crews to repaint striping. West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital will remain accessible throughout the duration of this project.
- Huntington Street between Lincoln and Burton Streets will be closed until further notice for repairs.
- Owens Street between Parish Road and Landry Street will be closed until further notice to allow crews to repair a waterline.
CALCASIEU PARISH (Moss Bluff): There will be alternating lane closures on U.S. 171 at North Perkins Ferry Road in both directions beginning Friday, Oct. 28. North Perkins Ferry Road's northbound traffic entering onto U.S. 171 will be required to turn right (only) at U.S. 171 and left turn movements from North Perkins Ferry Road onto U.S. 171 will not be allowed. The closures are necessary to upgrade the intersection.
CALCASIEU PARISH (Vinton): There will be intermittent lane closures on La. 108 between I-10 and La. 27 beginning Monday, March 13, 2017, until June 2018, for road work.
CALCASIEU PARISH (Iowa): Metzger Road will be closed beginning Tuesday, Dec 12, until further notice for emergency road repairs.
- The right northbound lane of La. 378 (Sampson Street) between Krause and Mulberry Streets will be closed until further notice.
- La. 384 at Black Bayou Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic beginning Tuesday, Nov. 28, for repairs. The project will last approximately four weeks. Vehicle traffic will be detoured via routes La. 385 and La. 3092 back to La. 384. Detour signs will be posted. The Intracoastal Waterway will remain open for Marine traffic.
- The right shoulders of I-10 eastbound/westbound between Sulphur and Vinton will be closed beginning Thursday, Jan. 4, until Sunday, January, 7, for private utility construction.
- There will be alternating lane closures on La. 27 at Ellender Bridge from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Tuesday, January 16, for bridge maintenance.
- Parish Road 222, Jim Bonsall Road and a portion of McCall Street near the boat launch will be closed beginning Tuesday, Oct. 3 until further notice, for repairs. If the public need boat access to the Mermentau River, they can launch at Joseph Harbor in Grand Chenier at 5476 Grand Chenier Hwy or in Cameron at the Jetty Launch at 799 Davis Rd. To check the status of this project, call Cameron Parish Police Jury at 337-775-5718.
- La. 717 in the Klondike community will be closed beginning Thursday, January 4 until Friday, January 12, for bridge repairs. Traffic will be detoured via La. 14.
JEFF DAVIS PARISH:
- The right lane of I-10 westbound at La. 26 will be closed from 8 -11 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 5, for bridge maintenance.
- The right lane of I-10 westbound at U.S. 165 will be closed from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 5, and from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 8, for bridge maintenance.
VERNON PARISH (Leesville):
- East Fertitta Boulevard between La. 171 north and La. 171 south, will be closed until further notice for road construction. Please find an alternate route for this area. For any questions, please call Leesville City Hall at 337-239-2444.
- La. 467 from its junction with U.S. 171 to the Fort Polk Gate will be reduced to one lane beginning Monday, Oct. 23, for pavement patching and overlay. The roadway will be open to all local and through traffic with no restrictions for passenger vehicles and a 12’ wide lane width restriction for all oversize vehicles. The project will last approximately four months.