Restaurant Ratings Report: Two stores have health violations - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Restaurant Ratings Report: Two stores have health violations in the meat department

LUCAS COUNTY, OH (Toledo News Now) -

In addition to restaurants, there are two stores that are concerning offenders from inspections by the Toledo Lucas County Health Department.

K and J House of Meats on Glendale had nine violations during a visit May 27. Ribs were out and improperly thawing at room temperature. There were improper temperatures in the display case. Finally food was found stored on the floor of the walk-in cooler and freezer and ready to eat food was stored underneath raw meat.

The Toledo Meijer on Central Avenue had 3 violations during a visit May 27th. This included invalid expiration dates on meat and ground meats stored above whole meats.

At Vito's Pizza on Sylvania Avenue there were 6 violations during inspectors visit on May 30. Most notably was chicken found in a cooler next to the pizza oven sitting at 70 degrees. There was also expired salsa and bean mixture and the inspector noted employees making pizzas without their gloves on.

Another Sylvania pizza spot on our list this week Jo-Jo's Pizza in Mayberry Square had 7 violations during an inspection May 23. There was not a date label on grape leaves.The walk-in cooler with food including meats, grape leaves, dressing and cheese was at an improper temperature. Also there was a dark build-up inside the ice machine.

Ice machine build-up was also a problem inspectors noted at the Burger King on West Central May 22. There were three violations total including raw bacon sitting out.

Star Diner on Central Avenue had 6 violations May 28. The list included improper cooler temperatures, food stored on the floor of the walk-in freezer and build up on the pop machine nozzles.

Inspectors found 5 violations at the Toledo Zoo including expired salami at the Timberline Bakery during their visit May 29.

Rounding out this weekend's restaurant ratings, Sweat Equity Infrared Sauna Studio and Juice Bar in Maumee was violation free.

Follow Toledo News Now:

Mobile users, click on the "video" button in the app to watchthis story. Downloadour app here.

Copyright 2014 Toledo News Now.All rights reserved.

  • More Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • Teen violence continues to increase in Calcasieu Parish

    Teen violence continues to increase in Calcasieu Parish

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 8:21 PM EST2017-11-22 01:21:03 GMT

    The Calcasieu District Attorney confirms last night-- a sixteen year old allegedly shot someone at or near the Lake Charles Civic Center-- The victim is expected to recover.  And, Last weekend-- a 17 year old was arrested in connection with a homicide in Sulphur. It's alarming to many, how often deadly violence involves teenagers.  Most recently  17 year old Blake Poullard was booked into jail in connection with the homicide of 24 year old David Reed of...

    More >>

    The Calcasieu District Attorney confirms last night-- a sixteen year old allegedly shot someone at or near the Lake Charles Civic Center-- The victim is expected to recover.  And, Last weekend-- a 17 year old was arrested in connection with a homicide in Sulphur. It's alarming to many, how often deadly violence involves teenagers.  Most recently  17 year old Blake Poullard was booked into jail in connection with the homicide of 24 year old David Reed of...

    More >>
  • Major insurance provider canceling policies due to asbestos

    Major insurance provider canceling policies due to asbestos

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 6:59 PM EST2017-11-21 23:59:01 GMT

    Out of sight, out of mind, right? Well, that's not the case for a major insurance provider that is now dropping clients because of a policy change regarding asbestos. A homeowner came to 7news with a letter stating their Allstate homeowner's insurance policy is being canceled.  The siding of the home is made of asbestos, a popular insulation material used before it was outlawed in 1980 because exposure can be dangerous, often leading to lung cancer and mesothelioma.  Pre...

    More >>

    Out of sight, out of mind, right? Well, that's not the case for a major insurance provider that is now dropping clients because of a policy change regarding asbestos. A homeowner came to 7news with a letter stating their Allstate homeowner's insurance policy is being canceled.  The siding of the home is made of asbestos, a popular insulation material used before it was outlawed in 1980 because exposure can be dangerous, often leading to lung cancer and mesothelioma.  Pre...

    More >>
  • Boil advisory lifted for Town of Oberlin

    Boil advisory lifted for Town of Oberlin

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 1:44 PM EST2017-11-21 18:44:32 GMT
    (Source: KPLC)(Source: KPLC)

    The Town of Oberlin has been placed under a boil water advisory until further notice due to a Cleco fuse. For more information, call Superintendent Robert Smith at 337-389-9157 or 337-639-4333.    Copyright 2017 KPLC. All rights reserved.

    More >>

    The Town of Oberlin has been placed under a boil water advisory until further notice due to a Cleco fuse. For more information, call Superintendent Robert Smith at 337-389-9157 or 337-639-4333.    Copyright 2017 KPLC. All rights reserved.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly