Elderly Anacoco man dies in house fire - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Elderly Anacoco man dies in house fire

Posted: Updated:
ANACOCO, LA (KPLC) -

An 88-year-old Anacoco man died Monday night in a house fire, authorities said.

The State Fire Marshal's Office reported Donald Beebe's body was recovered from a home at 192 Watkins Road.

"Investigators determined that the fire originated in the living room," the Marshal's Office said Tuesday in a news release. "While the exact cause of the fire has not been determined, investigators were unable to rule out burning candles as a possible cause of the fire. According to Beebe's wife, earlier in the evening the residence lost electrical service due to a passing weather system and that candles were being used for lighting in that area of the home."

Beebe's wife was not at home at the time of the fire and was not injured.

Copyright 2014 KPLC. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow