LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - A 20-year-old Lake Charles man has been indicted on charges of aggravated cruelty to animals and theft of animals $500 to $1,500.
Tyler Scott Sanders was indicted Thursday by a Calcasieu Parish Grand Jury.
Sanders was arrested in December and has been accused of stealing and then abusing a pit-bull puppy, city police said.
"The arrest stems from an investigation that began when a puppy was stolen from a residence on Arkansas Street," Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said in a news release. "On Nov. 21, the puppy was recovered by Animal Services after receiving an injured animal call from a concerned mail carrier."
Sanders is being held on a $27,000 bond.
Kraus said the puppy had severe life-threatening injuries including broken bones, a fractured skull and multiple pellet gun wounds.
"The puppy, now known as Halo, is on the road to recovery but still suffers from limited mobility and vision," Kraus said.
• Marcus Allen Chasson, 35: drug possession with intent to distribute.
• Timothy Wayne Phillips, 25: drug possession.
• Brandon Lee Sullivan, 32: creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory.
• Amber Marie Young, 23: drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of a stolen firearm, two counts of drug possession, possession of a weapon in presence of drugs.
• Noah Scott Hinton, 17: extortion, cyber stalking.
• Kato Jamal Harrison, 24: aggravated flight from officer; second-offense DWI.
• Raneka Dyetta Johnson, 33: possession of 400 or more grams of cocaine.
• Chance Wade Burnsworth, 29: creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, drug manufacturing, two counts of drug possession.
• Melissa Jane Johnson Langley, 43: creation or operation of a illegal laboratory, drug manufacturing, two counts of drug possession.
• Shauna Gail Ellis, 35: principal to drug possession, principal to drug possession with intent to distribute, conspiracy to possess or distribute drugs, conspiracy to distribute drugs, drug possession.
• Paul Fournet Pittman, 36: creation or operation of a illegal laboratory, drug production or manufacturing, two counts of drug possession, possession of a weapons by a felon.
• Joshua Lee Smola, 32: creation or operation of a illegal laboratory, drug production or manufacturing, two counts of drug possession.
• Holly Nicole Hines, 26: principal to drug distribution.