KPLC-TV TURKEY HUNT
2013 OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KPLC-TV, 320 Division Street, Lake Charles, LA 70601; Honey-B-Ham, 506 East Prien Lake Road, Lake Charles, LA 70601 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 8:00 am CST on November 5, 2013 and ends at 8:00 am CST on December 18, 2013 All entries must be received by 8:00 am CST on December 23, 2013 in order to qualify. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in one of the following parishes or counties inside the KPLC-TV television viewing area: Calcasieu, Cameron, Beauregard, Allen & Jeff Davis. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KPLC-TV, Honey-B-Ham, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted. You may enter once per day, entering multiple times in the same day will result in immediate disqualification.
3. How to Enter. There is only one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 8:00 am on November 5, 2013, individuals can log on to www.kplctv.com and can start searching for "Giblet" the turkey. Once the turkey is found and click on it to have the online entry form pop up. The contest online entry form must be completely filled out in order to be eligible to win. Entries will only be accepted between 5:00am CST and midnight CST each day of the contest. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). Eight (8) prizes will be awarded. Each winner will receive a call or email from a KPLC representative notifying them that they have won one of the 7 holiday hams from Honey-B-Ham valued at $44.99 plus tax. Every week on Wednesdays during Midday on KPLC-TV 1 randomly selected winner will be announced on-air and 1 ham will be given away. 1 ham will be given away every week except for the week before Christmas--- 2 hams will be given away on Wednesday, December 18, 2013. Contestants are encouraged to pick up their hams during the same week that they are notified as one of the contest winners. All winners will have until Tuesday, December 24, 2013 to pick up their holiday hams from Honey-B-Ham Prien Lake Road location in Lake Charles, LA. No prize(s) may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. A random drawing from the pool of online entries will be held every week on Wednesdays starting on November 11, 2013 and ending on December 23, 2013 to determine the eight (8) prize winners. (There will be 1 winner every week except for the week before Christmas--- 2 winners will be selected on 12/18/13). Winners will be notified by phone and or email. Contestants are encouraged to pick up their hams during the same week that they are notified as one of the contest winners. All winners will have through 5:00pm CST on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 to pick up their holiday hams from Honey-B-Ham Prien Lake Road location in Lake Charles, LA. If any winner is ineligible for the prize or, for whatever reason, declines the receipt of the prize; a new winner will be drawn from the eligible qualifiers and notified by the TV station.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winners must redeem their prize from Honey-B-Ham; the business sponsor located @ 506 East Prien Lake Road, Lake Charles, LA 70601. Honey-B-Ham will keep a list of all the winners' names that will be picking up the prize ham. Winners must pick up their hams during the same week they were notified as a winner and after that time they will no longer be available for pick up. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 1 day of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited.
8. Winner(s). All winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KPLC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KPLC-TV if KPLC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity for any sponsor and/or in KPLC News 7 newscasts without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KPLC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KPLC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KPLC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
*Contest Technical Notes: Due to a recent patch by Microsoft, some versions of Internet Explorer will require two clicks, once to activate the turkey, again to go to the link page. When in doubt, double-click.
Also be aware that if you have a pop-up blocker installed, the sign up window may not appear. Most pop-up blockers will allow a new window if you hold down the 'Ctrl' key while clicking. Consult your pop-up blocker's manufacturer for more details.
You must be running Windows with a Java-enabled browser and the free Adobe Flash Player installed to see the Turkey and sign up for the contest.
11. List of Winners. For a list of the winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following: KPLC-TV, 320 Division Street, Lake Charles, LA 70601. For more information please send an email with your questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.