Call 11 for Action: East Toledo building full of trash, mold, mi - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Call 11 for Action: East Toledo building full of trash, mold, mice

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

A building that has been vacant in east Toledo for years is being called an eyesore, and now one resident says she wants the city to do something about it.

Ruth Shull says she's lived on Nevada Street for 46 years, and for 20 of those years, a neighboring building has been absent.

Shull says there's trash piled inside the building, causing it to smell bad. She also says there is a buildup of mold, which is dangerous for her because she has asthma.

Broken windows and tall grass also made the list, but Shull says the rodent problem is outrageous. Just last year, Shull says she killed 17 mice.

"I would like for the house to be torn down," she said. "It's a nuisance. It's degrading. It's bringing down our property [value] because it's not taken care of."

Shull says every time she has called the city, nothing was done. Toledo News Now put a call into the city Thursday, and afterward, a city crew went to the scene. They cut down weeds and boarded up the home, which they say is a way to secure the structure. They also removed the trash from the home.

Anyone with a problem like this is encouraged to call City Hall at 419-936-2020 or Call 11 for Action at 419-255-2255.

Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.

Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

  • More Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • Daniel Kight found guilty of second degree murder

    Daniel Kight found guilty of second degree murder

    Tuesday, February 20 2018 2:11 PM EST2018-02-20 19:11:44 GMT
    Daniel Kight. (Source: Vinton Police Department)Daniel Kight. (Source: Vinton Police Department)

    Daniel Kight was found guilty of second degree murder today during his murder trial.  Kight pleaded not guilty due to reason of insanity after gruesomely murdering David Scasino. Prosecutors say Scasino was stabbed at least fifty times and his body was mutilated. After Kight visited a state appointed a psychologist, Judge Robert Wyatt had to base the decision on whether Kight knew right from wrong at the time of the offense.  Kight's sentencing is set at 1:30 p.m. on

    More >>

    Daniel Kight was found guilty of second degree murder today during his murder trial.  Kight pleaded not guilty due to reason of insanity after gruesomely murdering David Scasino. Prosecutors say Scasino was stabbed at least fifty times and his body was mutilated. After Kight visited a state appointed a psychologist, Judge Robert Wyatt had to base the decision on whether Kight knew right from wrong at the time of the offense.  Kight's sentencing is set at 1:30 p.m. on

    More >>
  • Vinton man arrested for DWI 3rd

    Vinton man arrested for DWI 3rd

    Tuesday, February 20 2018 1:12 PM EST2018-02-20 18:12:40 GMT
    Michael D. Tabor, Jr.Michael D. Tabor, Jr.

    Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office have arrested a Vinton man for his 3rd DWI on February 14. Deputies were dispatched to 3400 Choupique Road in Sulphur on reports of a car crashed in a ditch. When they arrived, they found Michael D. Tabor, Jr., 37, who when questioned, told authorities he has two alcoholic beverages four hours before he crashed. After performing poorly on the standard field sobriety test, Tabor, Jr. was arrested and taken to the station, where he took a...

    More >>

    Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office have arrested a Vinton man for his 3rd DWI on February 14. Deputies were dispatched to 3400 Choupique Road in Sulphur on reports of a car crashed in a ditch. When they arrived, they found Michael D. Tabor, Jr., 37, who when questioned, told authorities he has two alcoholic beverages four hours before he crashed. After performing poorly on the standard field sobriety test, Tabor, Jr. was arrested and taken to the station, where he took a...

    More >>
  • Evangeline Parish schools cleared after bomb threats

    Evangeline Parish schools cleared after bomb threats

    Tuesday, February 20 2018 12:35 PM EST2018-02-20 17:35:34 GMT
    (Source: Pablo)(Source: Pablo)
    All Evangeline Parish schools have been cleared after bomb threats were made Monday, KATC is reporting. Ville Platte Police Chief Neal Lartigue said an investigation into who made the threats is ongoing. "We swept all of the schools," Lartigue said. "We got all that cleared." All schools in the parish closed Tuesday because of the threats.  Copyright 2018 KPLC. All rights reserved.More >>
    All Evangeline Parish schools have been cleared after bomb threats were made Monday, KATC is reporting. Ville Platte Police Chief Neal Lartigue said an investigation into who made the threats is ongoing. "We swept all of the schools," Lartigue said. "We got all that cleared." All schools in the parish closed Tuesday because of the threats.  Copyright 2018 KPLC. All rights reserved.More >>
Powered by Frankly