Anacoco man accused of shooting at people - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Anacoco man accused of shooting at people

Posted: Updated:
James Moses (Source: Vernon Parish Sheriff's Office) James Moses (Source: Vernon Parish Sheriff's Office)
LEESVILLE, LA (KPLC) -

An Anacoco man is accused of shooting at six people, according to a news release from Vernon Parish Sheriff Sam Craft. No injuries were reported, however.

Accused in the case is 31-year-old James Moses. Craft said he is charged with six counts of aggravated assault with a firearm, one count of illegal discharge of a firearm and one count of aggravated criminal damage to property. 

Bond is set at $36,000.

Craft said deputies received a complaint at approximately 12:30 a.m. Sunday.

Deputies responded to a mobile home park in the Anacoco area and were advised that earlier in the day, Moses and his spouse had been involved in a domestic altercation.

The domestic incident reportedly took place in Sabine Parish.

"It was learned that the female victim left Sabine Parish and returned to the Moses' residence in Vernon Parish with her children. The victims stated that they were working on a vehicle at the residence in an attempt to get the vehicle to start. The victims stated that James Moses arrived at the location and immediately began to fire a weapon in their direction, striking the parked car three times," Craft said.

The victims reportedly sought shelter in another vehicle and while they were attempting to leave, Moses allegedly chased after them and fired at the vehicle they were in.

Craft said the victims involved in the matter were three adults and three minor children.

Deputies later located Moses. He remains in the Vernon Parish Jail.

Copyright 2013 KPLC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow