[Information provided by: LSU Athletics]
LSU football broke the school record for the most selections in a single NFL Draft with nine total players picked this weekend, including three on the final day of the draft Saturday at Radio City Music Hall.
The previous record was eight selections in the 1948 Draft, but this year's draft eclipsed that number after Tharold Simon, Lavar Edwards and Spencer Ware were all picked Saturday to add to the six Tigers selected on the first two days of the draft.
Simon was the first LSU player off the board on day three when he was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the fifth pick in the fifth round and 138th pick overall.
Edwards, LSU's first senior selected in the draft, was chosen just four spots later in the fifth round (No. 142 overall) by the Tennessee Titans.
Ware rounded out the draft class for the Tigers when he was selected with the 26th pick in the sixth round (No. 194 overall) by the Seahawks.
LSU finished second among all college teams with nine total draft picks, only trailing Florida State who finished with 11.
Simon led LSU in pass breakups with nine and interceptions with four in 2012, and he finished his career with 99 total tackles, 22 PBUs and seven interceptions.
Edwards flourished in his senior season in 2012 with 26 tackles, 7.0 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks and an interception returned for a touchdown against Idaho. He finished his five-year career with 15 starts in 52 games played, 106 tackles, 20 TFLs, 10.5 sacks and two interceptions.
Ware finished with 1,249 rushing yards and 404 receiving yards on 39 receptions in his LSU career. He scored a total of 12 touchdowns in his career (10 rushing, 2 receiving), and he made 14 starts in 36 total games played in three seasons with the Tigers.
LSU NFL Draft Notebook
* LSU's nine selections shattered the previous school record of eight draft picks in 1948.
* LSU's six selections in the first three rounds are the most by the program in the first three rounds of an NFL Draft. The Tigers had five selections in the first three rounds of the 2011 draft.
* Eight of LSU's nine drafted players are underclassmen.
* LSU finished second nationally with nine draft selections. Florida State was first with 11 selections, and Alabama was tied for second with nine as well.
* LSU has had at least one defensive back in seven straight drafts. The Tigers have had 12 defensive backs chosen in the last seven NFL Drafts combined.
* LSU has produced a defensive tackle selected in the draft for now six straight years.
* LSU Hall of Famer Kevin Faulk was on hand at Radio City Music Hall on Friday to announce the New England Patriots draft picks.
* Kevin Minter was the third-highest linebacker drafted in LSU history. Eric Hill went No. 10 overall to the Cardinals in 1989, while A.J. Duhe went No. 13 overall to the Dolphins in 1977.
* Head coach Les Miles has now produced at least five NFL Draft picks in every draft he has been a part of at LSU (eight drafts).
* For the first time in LSU history, LSU produced multiple first round picks in back-to-back drafts.
* The school record for number of defensive players selected in a single modern draft was broken.
* Nine of the 11 defensive starters on the 2011 team have been drafted in the past two years. All nine went in the first three rounds, including four in the first round.