Wednesday, June 19 2013 7:28 PM EDT2013-06-19 23:28:22 GMT
The following is a news release from the Calcasieu Parish Public Library: Calcasieu Parish Public Library System and Sulphur Parks and Recreation have partnered to provide the community with an easy andMore >>
Sulphur Parks and Recreation and Calcasieu Parish Public Library have partnered to participate in the Little Free Library project, first launched in 2009 in Wisconsin. More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 7:03 PM EDT2013-06-19 23:03:07 GMT
"What we want do is we want to take our samples, Gladys, Bud, Claude, and Brittany, and see what the PH of their clear substance," said a McNeese professor. It's all still a mystery. Test tubes … petriMore >>
With nearly 100 different class offerings in dozens of subjects at McNeese, more than 500 children are expected to participate this summer at McNeese in subjects like forensic science.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:14 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:14:17 GMT
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso was sworn in as president of the Louisiana Sheriff's Association in a Wednesday ceremony. Mancuso's tenure will take effect on July 1, according to Michael Ranatza,More >>
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso was sworn in as president of the Louisiana Sheriffs' Association in a Wednesday ceremony.More >>
Local News, Weather, Traffic, Sports, Stocks, Movies on your Cell PhoneMore >>
Get local news, weather, sports, and video on your mobile device.More >>
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
NEW YORK, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Financial Management is the Key Strategy for Sustainability
This financial assessment study analyzes the financial ratios of public companies across the globe in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. The research objectives are to rank companies based on their financial and risk management while also identifying key trends that can impact the performance of industry participants over the next year. Those analyzed include 718 publicly-listed pharmaceutical and 482 publicly-listed biotechnology companies across the globe. To assess the financial performance, ratios are divided into four categories: profitability, liquidity, activity (turnover), and solvency. Top performers in each industry are also highlighted.
The Key Issues/Challenges Faced by Industry Participants in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry Include:
•The global economic slowdown •Regulatory compliance •Reducing profitability •Increasing R&D costs •Pricing pressures •Counterfeit business
Financial Analysis of the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry
1. Margin Analysis •The pharmaceutical industry has generally witnessed smaller margins due to increasing competition from generics, pricing pressures, and decreasing healthcare spending. •In the biotechnology industry, companies within low revenue range and relatively new products have witnessed negative margins because of the heavy investment in R&D and SG&A (selling and general expenses).
2. Profitability Analysis •Companies with a large portfolio of drugs have seen higher profitability in the pharmaceutical industry. •The long timelines and accumulating expenditures incurred before a drug is commercialized is making the biotechnology industry less profitable in initial years, even resulting in negative margins for companies that are smaller in terms of revenue.
3. Turnover Analysis •In both the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, companies with lower revenue had poor turnover ratios because of the huge investments made in assets and in the development of the product.
4. Cash Reserve Analysis •In the pharmaceutical industry the smaller companies in terms of revenue are increasing their cash reserve as a percentage of their assets. •In the biotechnology industry, both small and large companies in terms of revenue are increasing their cash reserve as a percentage of their assets.
5. R&D to Sales Ratio •Both the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries did not witness a great variation in the R&D to sales ratio in 2011 compared to the previous year. Though there was a general decline in the overall sales in both the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, the R&D expenses were not considerably reduced.
Who Will Benefit?
•Pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies •Private equity •Venture capital investors •Fund managers •Retail investors •Sovereign wealth funds •Hedge funds •Insurance funds and other members of the investing community
Table Of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Definition of Key Terms
3. Research Objective and Scope
4. Research Methodology
5. Key Issues/Challenges Faced by Industry Participants