CALCASIEU PARISH, LA (KPLC) - A Vinton man, already facing a list of sex charges, is facing additional charges, according to a news release from the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said 40-year-old Christopher S. Benoit is charged with an additional eight counts of aggravated sexual battery after detectives investigated an allegation regarding Benoit sexual abusing an individual on numerous occasions. The abuse reportedly happened over four years beginning in 1989 when the alleged victim was 8 years old.
Benoit is in the Calcasieu Correctional Center on $4.7 million bond.
Benoit was previously arrested Jan. 17 after an investigated reportedly revealed that he had inappropriate sexual contact with a female on numerous occasions, beginning in 2009 when the girl was 9 years old.
Benoit was booked into the Calcasieu Correctional Center and charged with two counts of aggravated rape and one count of aggravated sexual battery with a bond of $270,000 set by Judge Ron Ware.
Authorities said after his first arrest, the investigation continued and detectives received a separate complaint regarding Benoit sexually abusing a second female on numerous occasions beginning in 1988 when the alleged victim was 6 years old.
Benoit was re-arrested Jan. 24 and charged with eight counts of aggravated sexual battery.
Judge Clayton Davis set his bond at $2 million on the new charges. Judge Kent Savoie set bond at $2 million on the new charges, bringing his total bond to $4.7 million for all three arrests.