Vinton man accused in sex crimes facing more charges, jailed on - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Vinton man accused in sex crimes facing more charges, jailed on $4.7M bond

Christopher S. Benoit (Source: Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office) Christopher S. Benoit (Source: Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office)
CALCASIEU PARISH, LA (KPLC) -

A Vinton man, already facing a list of sex charges, is facing additional charges, according to a news release from the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office.

Authorities said 40-year-old Christopher S. Benoit is charged with an additional eight counts of aggravated sexual battery after detectives investigated an allegation regarding Benoit sexual abusing an individual on numerous occasions. The abuse reportedly happened over four years beginning in 1989 when the alleged victim was 8 years old.

Benoit is in the Calcasieu Correctional Center on $4.7 million bond.

Benoit was previously arrested Jan. 17 after an investigated reportedly revealed that he had inappropriate sexual contact with a female on numerous occasions, beginning in 2009 when the girl was 9 years old. 

Benoit was booked into the Calcasieu Correctional Center and charged with two counts of aggravated rape and one count of aggravated sexual battery with a bond of $270,000 set by Judge Ron Ware.

Authorities said after his first arrest, the investigation continued and detectives received a separate complaint regarding Benoit sexually abusing a second female on numerous occasions beginning in 1988 when the alleged victim was 6 years old. 

Benoit was re-arrested Jan. 24 and charged with eight counts of aggravated sexual battery.

Judge Clayton Davis set his bond at $2 million on the new charges. Judge Kent Savoie set bond at $2 million on the new charges, bringing his total bond to $4.7 million for all three arrests.

Copyright 2013 KPLC. All rights reserved.

  • More Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • CPSB committee meeting approves Pre-K tuition for ineligible students

    CPSB committee meeting approves Pre-K tuition for ineligible students

    Tuesday, January 23 2018 11:27 PM EST2018-01-24 04:27:59 GMT
    (Source: WikiCommons/Flickr/Abrhujit Tembhekar)(Source: WikiCommons/Flickr/Abrhujit Tembhekar)

    A meeting centered on the issue of Pre-k eligibility and access in Calcasieu Parish public schools will be held tonight.

    More >>

    A meeting centered on the issue of Pre-k eligibility and access in Calcasieu Parish public schools will be held tonight.

    More >>
  • BREAKING

    Mancuso: Search in Starks related to decade-old missing persons case

    Mancuso: Search in Starks related to decade-old missing persons case

    Tuesday, January 23 2018 7:59 PM EST2018-01-24 00:59:49 GMT
    Calcasieu Sheriff Tony Mancuso says deputies are acting on a tip and searching a field in Starks for a body of a person missing for more than a decade. (Source: KPLC)Calcasieu Sheriff Tony Mancuso says deputies are acting on a tip and searching a field in Starks for a body of a person missing for more than a decade. (Source: KPLC)

    Authorities with the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office are investigating after receiving a tip that a body of a person missing for more than a decade may be buried in a field behind the EZ Mart on La. 12 in Starks. However, Sheriff Tony Mancuso stressed that the investigation has revealed nothing thus far. "There is nothing concrete that tells us there is something or there isn't something," he said. Mancuso also put to bed social media rumors that multiple bodies have be...

    More >>

    Authorities with the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office are investigating after receiving a tip that a body of a person missing for more than a decade may be buried in a field behind the EZ Mart on La. 12 in Starks. However, Sheriff Tony Mancuso stressed that the investigation has revealed nothing thus far. "There is nothing concrete that tells us there is something or there isn't something," he said. Mancuso also put to bed social media rumors that multiple bodies have be...

    More >>
  • Mother claims 7 year-old son was kicked off school bus far from home

    Mother claims 7 year-old son was kicked off school bus far from home

    Tuesday, January 23 2018 7:50 PM EST2018-01-24 00:50:49 GMT
    (Source: KPLC)(Source: KPLC)

    A Lake Charles mother claims her 7 year-old son was kicked off his school bus more than a mile away from home. Now, she's left looking for answers. Toni Thomas says her son, Joseph, didn't get off the bus one day.  "People were calling and knocking on the door, kids were running," said Thomas. "They came in and they were said Joe got put off the bus and I thought they were talking about at the school because he gotten in trouble or something, but they s...

    More >>

    A Lake Charles mother claims her 7 year-old son was kicked off his school bus more than a mile away from home. Now, she's left looking for answers. Toni Thomas says her son, Joseph, didn't get off the bus one day.  "People were calling and knocking on the door, kids were running," said Thomas. "They came in and they were said Joe got put off the bus and I thought they were talking about at the school because he gotten in trouble or something, but they s...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly