CALCASIEU PARISH, LA (KPLC) - A Vinton man accused of sex-related crimes is facing additional charges, according to a news release from the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said on Thursday, the Sheriff's Office rearrested 40-year-old Christopher S. Benoit and charged him with an additional eight counts of sexual battery.
Benoit was previously arrested Jan. 17 after an investigation into allegations that he had inappropriate sexual contact with a female on numerous occasions, beginning in 2009 when the girl was 9 years old.
Benoit was booked into the Calcasieu Correctional Center and charged with two counts of aggravated rape and one count of aggravated incest with a bond of $270,000, set by Judge Ron Ware.
Authorities said after Benoit's arrest, the investigation continued and a separate complaint was filed regarding Benoit sexually abusing another female on numerous occasions between 1988 and 1993.
Authorities said the alleged victim was delayed in reporting the abuse for personal reasons.
Benoit is accused of having inappropriate sexual contact with the female who was 6 years old at the time the incidents reportedly began, authorities said.
Authorities said victims of sexual crimes have 30 years after their 18th birthday to report incidents to law enforcement.
Judge Clayton Davis set Benoit's bond at $2 million on the new charges, bringing his total bond to $2.7 million for both arrests.