Firefighter called to fire at his own Mt. Juliet home - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Firefighter called to fire at his own Mt. Juliet home

Posted: Updated:
  • More Local NewsLocalMore>>

  • Former LSU player Tahj Jones out of the hospital

    Former LSU player Tahj Jones out of the hospital

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 5:20 PM EDT2014-04-23 21:20:57 GMT
    Former LSU and Sulphur linebacker Tahj Jones has been released from the hospital, less than two weeks after he was shot. An official from Rapides Regional Medical Center in Alexander confirmed that Jones,More >>
    Former LSU and Sulphur linebacker Tahj Jones has been released from the hospital, less than two weeks after he was shot. An official from Rapides Regional Medical Center in Alexander confirmed that Jones,More >>
  • Three charged in Westlake vehicle burglaries

    Three charged in Westlake vehicle burglaries

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 4:23 PM EDT2014-04-23 20:23:39 GMT
    Three Southwest Louisiana residents have been arrested in connection with a series of vehicle burglaries in Westlake, authorities said. Authorities said the suspects may have been responsible for similarMore >>
    Three Southwest Louisiana residents have been arrested in connection with a series of vehicle burglaries in Westlake, authorities said. Authorities said the suspects may have been responsible for similarMore >>
  • Tip leads to arrest of Sulphur man

    Tip leads to arrest of Sulphur man

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 4:09 PM EDT2014-04-23 20:09:35 GMT
    A Crime Stoppers tip has led to the arrest of a 40-year-old Sulphur on theft charges, authorities said. Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Tony W. Gregg was arrested WednesdayMore >>
    A Crime Stoppers tip has led to the arrest of a 40-year-old Sulphur on theft charges, authorities said. Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Tony W. Gregg was arrested WednesdayMore >>
MOUNT JULIET, TN (WSMV) -

A local firefighter received word that his own house was going up in flames Tuesday morning in Wilson County.

Fire was shooting through the roof by the time the firefighter and his crew arrived on the scene around 7:30 a.m. in the Chandler Pointe subdivision.

Three people, who were asleep inside the home when the blaze broke out, were able to escape safely, and investigators believe the fire likely started in an upstairs room.

"Joe said, 'Ashlyn, I smell smoke. I smell smoke.' And I jumped up out of my bed, ran upstairs and told my mom, 'The house is on fire,'" said Ashlyn White.

White's stepfather, a firefighter and emergency medical technician in training, was then called to put out the fire that was engulfing his own home.

"The house was engulfed. I rode here on the fire engine. It was pretty much a loss at that point. Flames were shooting about 100 feet high. It was out of control," said firefighter Tracy Combs. "I still think I'm in shock a little bit. You just don't think this kind of stuff happens to you."

No one was hurt, but the family's cat is still missing.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow