Crews extinguish fire at hotel near Lindale - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Crews extinguish fire at hotel near Lindale

Posted: Updated:
  • More Local NewsLocalMore>>

  • Team Brown - Quest For Saturday

    Team Brown - Quest For Saturday

    Thursday, April 17 2014 12:30 AM EDT2014-04-17 04:30:07 GMT
    When Elizabeth Head Coach Robert Brown led his Lady Bulldogs to Sulphur for the Fast Pitch 56 last year, nothing but optimism was in the air. Even as they prepared to face Hackberry, the top seed in ClassMore >>
    When Elizabeth Head Coach Robert Brown led his Lady Bulldogs to Sulphur for the Fast Pitch 56 last year, nothing but optimism was in the air. Even as they prepared to face Hackberry, the top seed in ClassMore >>
  • Several College Signings at St Louis and Sam Houston

    Several College Signings at St Louis and Sam Houston

    Thursday, April 17 2014 12:13 AM EDT2014-04-17 04:13:42 GMT
    Sam Houston Carleigh Chaumont (Softball) - Western Kentucky Taylor Landry (Women's Soccer) - LSU Alexandria St Louis Natasha Navajar (Bowling) - Tulane Olivia Hansen (Women's Golf) - McNeeseMore >>
    Sam Houston Carleigh Chaumont (Softball) - Western Kentucky Taylor Landry (Women's Soccer) - LSU Alexandria St Louis Natasha Navajar (Bowling) - Tulane Olivia Hansen (Women's Golf) - McNeeseMore >>
  • McNeese football to open 2015 season at LSU

    McNeese football to open 2015 season at LSU

    Thursday, April 17 2014 12:04 AM EDT2014-04-17 04:04:50 GMT
    McNeese State will open its 2015 football season against LSU, the schools announced on Wednesday.
    More >>
    McNeese State will open its 2015 football season against LSU, the schools announced on Wednesday.More >>
LINDALE, TX (KLTV) -

Fire crews responded to the scene of a fire at a hotel near Lindale Saturday afternoon.

The call came in around 1:30 Saturday afternoon from the Best Value Inn off of Highway 69, just south of Lindale near interstate 20.

A woman in a hotel room says she woke up to flames in her room. She quickly got out of the room and called 9-1-1.

Fire crews from Lindale, Red Springs and Dixie responded to the scene and quickly put out the flames. Officials say the room where the fire originated is a total loss, and numerous surrounding rooms did receive smoke damage.

Officials say the fire was started when the resident threw an ash tray into the garbage. Nobody was injured in this fire.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow