Homeowner suffers minor injury in LC house fire

Lake Charles, LA (KPLC) - Fire damaged a Lake Charles home Saturday. Homeowner Dan Smith said it started in the kitchen while he was outside. Earlier, he had made french fries and had left chicken in the oven to bake before going outside.

A tenant later noticed flames coming from the home.

Smith tried to douse the flames with a garden hose. He had minor burns to his back from falling debris. His neighbor treated the burns.

In addition to the kitchen damage, the 3 bedroom home has major smoke damage.

Lake Charles Fire Dept dispatched 1 engine and 2 ladder trucks.

Copyright 2012 KPLC. All rights reserved.