- 4 lbs. ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 cups shredded romaine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 2 to 3 packages (13 1/2 ounces each) tortilla chips
1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and dressing mixes until blended. Spread over two 14-inch plates. Layer with the beef mixture, chilies, onions, romaine, cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
3. Arrange some tortilla chips around the edge; serve with remaining chips.
Yield: 40-50 servings