Cigarette sparks early morning house fire - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

BREAKING NEWS

Cigarette sparks early morning house fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More Local NewsLocalMore>>

  • AAR signs deal with major company

    AAR signs deal with major company

    Monday, July 28 2014 8:40 PM EDT2014-07-29 00:40:46 GMT
    AAR says it has signed with a major carrier to begin employing mechanics in Lake Charles in the next few months. More >>
    AAR says it has signed with a major carrier to begin employing mechanics in Lake Charles in the next few months.  More >>
  • 7 On your side: Senior citizen victimized by loan scam

    7 On your side: Senior citizen victimized by loan scam

    Monday, July 28 2014 8:18 PM EDT2014-07-29 00:18:02 GMT
    Yet another local woman taken by an advance fee loan scam. And...as is so often the case, it's a senior citizen who can least afford to lose the money. "What I had to do was get a green dot money card and put $250 on it to show them in good faith that I would have the money every month to pay the note back because they were loaning me the money," said June Montalbano.It all started with a mailing offering a loan. Montalbano wanted to borrow some money to pay some bills and lower her monthly p...More >>
    Yet another local woman taken by an advance fee loan scam. And...as is so often the case, it's a senior citizen who can least afford to lose the money. "What I had to do was get a green dot money card and put $250 on it to show them in good faith that I would have the money every month to pay the note back because they were loaning me the money," said June Montalbano.It all started with a mailing offering a loan. Montalbano wanted to borrow some money to pay some bills and lower her monthly p...More >>
  • Role players make situational training possible at Fort Polk

    Role players make situational training possible at Fort Polk

    Monday, July 28 2014 8:14 PM EDT2014-07-29 00:14:54 GMT
    Situational training is underway at Marghoz, the fictional village inside Fort Polk where soldiers practice for overseas missions. Before soldiers even step foot on the scene, there are role players preparing for their arrival.More >>
    Situational training is underway at Marghoz, the fictional village inside Fort Polk where soldiers practice for overseas missions. Before soldiers even step foot on the scene, there are role players preparing for their arrival.More >>
TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

A cigarette is to blame for an early morning fire that destroyed a home on the northwest side of Tyler.

Just after 3:30 am, the son woke up to the smell of smoke in his bedroom in the 2300 block of N. Grand Avenue near Texas College. According to authorities, he had been smoking a cigarette before going to bed and put it in an ashtray by the bed which sparked some nearby blankets.

The Tyler Fire Marshal says the house is a complete loss. There were four people in the house at the time of the blaze, but all four were able to get out of the house unharmed.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow