Pineville Mother, daughter dead, apparently from Carbon Monoxide

PINEVILLE, La. (AP) - Pineville police say carbon monoxide from a generator inside their house apparently killed a 55-year-old woman and her 17-year-old daughter. The Town Talk reports that they are identified as Emma Harper and her daughter, Ebony Harper.

Police say they found the bodies Saturday afternoon, after a caller reported that the women were unresponsive. Investigators say a generator apparently was being used indoors for electric power, and its exhaust fumes were not vented to the outdoors.

Police are still investigating and have asked the Rapides Parish coroner to autopsy both women.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.