Michigan man Hospitalized after eating a chicken head

Michigan man Hospitalized after eating a chicken head

Michigan man Hospitalized after eating a chicken head

A Detroit man was hospitalized after eating a chicken head he found in his dinner at a restaurant.  Detroit media outlet clickondetroit.com reported Thursday that Clarence Lewis swallowed part of a chicken head that was mistakenly fried up with the rest of his meal last week.

"I noticed a crunch feel, but I didn't know what it was, and it just went down and cut my throat. I just gagged it up," Lewis said.

Clickondetroit.com reports Lewis was rushed to the hospital and treated for food poisoning. The restaurant blamed the chicken processing company for the mistake and said its chef should have checked out the food. The restaurant also apologized to Lewis and refunded his money.

Lewis told the media outlet he planned to meet with an attorney about the incident.

Copyright 2012 KPLC and CNN. All rights reserved.